<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2.10.2004

The review idea again...
For those who didn't hear (okay, read) it, this is what I posted at SLWriters:

--How would you all like to write some movie reviews? Focus on the Family has a media reviews site--Plugged In--that I visit frequently. Basically, my idea is this--read several movie reviews on Plugged In (preferably of movies you've watched) until you're familiar with how they're written and what the reviewers look for, and then write a review of your own. You could do this with a movie you've seen (like Pirates of the Caribbean--I'm still ticked with Plugged In for doing a short review), or you could pretend that something you've written, are writing, or are planning to write has been made into a movie and do a review of that. (Like I could write a review of Wormhole or Thieves' Honor as if they've been made into movies, because I'm most familiar with them.) Is anyone interested in doing this? I think it might be fun, especially if it would help us to learn more about each others' stories.--

To Ruth Ann's question of whether this would be content- or art-based, I said:

--Well, I'm most familiar with Plugged In, and I've been toying with the idea of writing reviews for my own stuff for a while. Their reviews are mostly content (they divide each review into positive content, spiritual content, sexual content, violent content, crude or profane language, drug and alcohol content, and other negative content).--

They also do a short plot description and a conclusion, if anyone's wondering, and usually say something about how good the movie was overall regardless of content (like they said that Snow Dogs was mostly rubbish even though it was low on objectionable content, and that Mystic River was a great movie that no family should watch).

So...right. Anyone want to do this?